Tuesday 27 October 2009

and so it begins

I have been considering starting up a blog for a while and finally today I got that extra little push... I still haven’t made up my mind on the theme, so the title for the time being is thoughts. It will get better. Practice makes perfect – so let’s get on with it.

What got me started? Getting my daily dose of bnet, I found an interesting Harvard Business blog entry from JC Meister and K Willyerd on how social media is changing the recruitment space. An American company, Best Buys posted a job ad for Senior Manager of Emerging Media Marketing on Twitter only to get numerous responses and suggestions from the public, some of which made their way to the improved job description. Which originally included 250 followers on Twitter and (here it comes) a minimum of 1 year blogging experience. And, why not? What a great way to measure a person’s commitment, interest, their ability, to think and challenge others, and to engage a crowd.

So here I am. Blogging. No more excuses, no more waiting for the perfect moment, or the right topic, or what others think about me... just getting on with it. It will be Outrageous; And so much fun!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment