Wednesday 8 December 2010

The festive season (in Sydney)

This Christmas tree is beautiful! Thanks to Nicholas Bate for pointing me to it. Christmas is different in Sydney, ten years on, and I’m still finding it a bit challenging to get into the spirit of things. Isn’t it amazing how much weather has to do with how you feel (or is it more to do with the traditions one learns growing up)?
I have a ‘tree’ but it doesn’t even reach knee height. A little gaze over it just then, and I have to admit, that even describing it this way makes it feel higher than what it really is… It’s a symbol never the less and will keep us going until we’ll be celebrating white Christmases in the not so distant future hopefully. Until then, bring on Santa on Bondi Beach!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the compliment Reka. Christmas at the beach sounds great to me!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete