Wednesday 5 May 2010

Changing print media - Execupundit.com: Thoughts on News and Papers

I love newspapers. And I often read them to get insight, a detailed background, or perhaps a new and intriguing angle – something I haven’t thought of yet. But I have to agree with the ‘Thoughts on News and Papers’ blog post. I, too “gather my news from blogs or online sites and occasionally hit the news button on Google. The delivery is immediate, a service that newspapers just can’t supply simply because the type of delivery they use just can’t move that quickly.” (source: View from the Ledge in Execupundit.com: Thoughts on News and Papers)
”What I do look for is opinion, analysis, feature articles, and personal essays. In essence, newspapers have become magazines where I look for entertainment and perspective.” And that’s a great USP (unique selling point) for papers. No wonder the sales of the chunky weekend papers are holding up strong in Australia. There are glossy mags, lengthy feature articles and everything in between. And the more papers embrace the new order, the firmer will they hold their place in the today’s media landscape.
Newspapers we still love you. Only a bit differently…

No comments:

Post a Comment