Monday 4 January 2010

Government advertising

It’s the 4th of January, the first Monday of the new year. Alongside those who only took a short break over the festive season, I’m also queuing for a train ticket at the station on the way to work. (Is it my imagination, or the the queue is going even slower than usual?)
It’s only a couple of people ahead of me now and I can make out the single city ticket’s price on the machine’s display: 20 cents increase.
The Australian Government spends in excess of $130m a year (Full Year Report 2008-09) on advertising, and true to their election promise, a $100m less then the previous Government (Howard led Liberal). But I’m sure I am not the only one who is wishing that there was some bare minimum signage at and around the stations to prompt people to prepare more change on the first and possibly the second Monday of the new year – immediately after the price increase.

What if you could have more say into what Government advertising is spent on? What communication would you want more or less of?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment