Friday 8 October 2010

Homo proponit, Deus disponit*

I went to Europe for a 3 week holiday in September and had all the intentions to stay connected. Laptop, mobile, global roaming, etc. and only upon arrival did I notice that I forgot the chargers. The mobile lasted for a couple of days, and only after a while did I manage to hook it up via a data cable, but the laptop was ‘sucked dry’ within the first day never to be turned on again until after I have arrived back to Sydney. Then the most unexpected bliss followed, and I loved every minute of it.
And now I’m back, and a whole lot wiser about how to prepare for real holidays next time…

* Latin proverb which in English means ‘Man proposes, G-d disposes’, while in Hungary it’s slightly different, we say ‘man plans, G-d executes’

No comments:

Post a Comment